Role: Support Worker
Rate: £13 per hour umbrella
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: Temporary to Permanent
Our client, a well-respected charity, provides support to improve the lives of people using their services by delivering a high quality and responsive support worker service to ensure a safe sound and supportive environment in conjunction with support workers and the service manager
Synopsis of duties:
- Work with people offering supported opportunities for them to improve their quality of life, develop their skills and make decisions about their future
- Act as individual ‘Keyworker’ to a group of identified people in the service, taking lead responsibility (and acting as lead contact with other services) for the coordination and delivery of their support
- Provided general practical and emotional support to people in order to promote their independence and recovery
- Liaise with referral teams/agencies regarding vacancies and referrals
- Participate in the team’s provision of individual support and needs assessment, including risk assessment, advice, emotional support and practical assistance
- Participate in assessing and reviewing future housing and support needs, and in identifying and coordinating internal and external services and referrals in response to these
- Facilitate regular consultation and action to enable people within the service to make decisions concerning their resettlement options with a view to independent living.
- Assist in arranging appointments with the relevant professionals e.g. Social Workers, Probation Officers and Medical Staff, where appropriate
- Provide advice and assistance to people within the service on personal budgeting, debt management and claims for welfare benefits.
- Proven track record of supporting vulnerable young people and/ or adults either within an accommodation or community-based service. Preferred experience of working with addictions, substance misuse, homelessness or mental health
- Strong safeguarding and risk assessments skills and experience
- Enhanced DBS issued within the last 12 months and/ or registered on the DBS Update Service
- Proven track record of successfully carrying and managing your own caseload
Supporting Futures Consulting acts as both an employer and an agency.
Location: Coventry | Salary: 13 per hour | Job type: Contract | Posted: 08/12/2022