Role: London Stalking Advocate
Based: Southeast London
Salary: £28,000 - £30,000
Start Date: September 2023
Hours: 35 hours per week (Hybrid 2/3 days in the office)
Supporting Futures are recruiting on behalf of a well-respected charity who specialise in supporting women and girls who have experienced stalking, harassment, aggression, and violence.
Our client is looking for a Stalking Advocate to join their team, helping to provide expert advice and advocacy to victims of stalking.
The role will include providing casework support to victims of stalking and providing guidance and support to stalking victims via telephone, email, and face to face.
Synopsis of duties:
· Supporting and advocating on behalf of victims of stalking, delivering risk assessments and safety planning
· Managing a caseload of service users, liaising with agencies for further support with additional complex needs
· Keeping up to date with current stalking legislation and polices and advising service users accordingly
· Undertaking any other appropriate duties as requested by the Helpline Manager or Stalking Support Team Leader
· Recognising the need to signpost service users to external organisations for further help and support
· Experience working with victims of gender-based violence, safety planning and conducting risk assessments
· Experience managing a caseload and working under pressure
· A strong knowledge of the criminal and civil justice system, housing and stalking policy and legislation
· A strong knowledge of the complex needs faced by victims of stalking and other forms of gender-based violence
· Knowledge of safeguarding in adults and children
For more information, please call the team on 0204 566 5515 and ask to speak to Molly or email us your CV at email@example.com
Supporting Futures Consulting acts as both an employer and an agency.
Location: South East London | Salary: 28000 - 30000 per year | Job type: Permanent | Posted: 30/08/2023