Community Engagement Practitioner
Role: Community Engagement Practitioner
Based: Bishop Auckland
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: Contract until April 2023
Our client is an established family charity working with children, young people, parents, carers and wider family providing intensive family support, advice and wellbeing services are looking to recruit a Community Engagement Practitioner to raise awareness of young carers and develop support available for them.
Synopsis of duties
- To work in partnership with schools, organisations and community groups to raise awareness of young carers and develop support available for them.
- Deliver assemblies and workshops in schools to raise awareness of young carers
- To monitor and record outcomes on a database and review regularly with the Community Engagement Manager.
- To support the delivery of the Young Carer Ambassador Programme within the Young Carers Service.
- Knowledge and experience of working with children, young people, parents, carers and/or families.
- An understanding of the impact of caring responsibilities on education, health, and wellbeing.
- Experience and confidence to facilitate and deliver groups/presentations within schools and to wide audiences
- Driving license and access to a vehicle to transport yourself, children, parents and carers quickly and safely across County Durham.
- Awareness and understanding of safeguarding issues and an understanding of the importance of working within agency policy and procedures.
- A clear Enhanced DBS certificate issued within the last 12 months and/or registered on the Update System
Supporting Futures Consulting acts as both an employer and an agency
Location: Bishop Auckland | Salary: | Job type: Contract | Posted: 28/11/2022