CYP Therapist - Tower Hamlets
Role: Children and Young Person’s Therapist
Salary: £28,250 - £37,625 pa
Hours: 37 hours
Start Date: December 2022
Our client, a highly respected National Children and Young Person’s Charity, is looking to recruit Counsellors and Therapists to join their specialist Emotional Health and Well Being Services.
The service provides individual and group therapy work to children and young people aged 10 to 25 (and their families) who are struggling with their mental health and emotional well-being.
They work in using a person-centred approach and encourage the use of a range of methods and tools to best fit the child(ren) including play, art, drama and integrative approaches.
Due to COVID the service has seen a dramatic increase in referrals (both through CAMHS and direct) with a heavy focus on anxiety, depression, bereavement, attachment disorders and family breakdown.
You will be working with a dedicated team and together with partners and other professionals to ensure Children and Young People are fully supported and safeguarded.
- Managing a caseload of children, young people and families in London and will be providing therapeutic interventions and support the community and schools
- Supporting clients through one-to-one sessions, groups and/or digital interventions
- You will be working with children and young people with Tier 2 Mental Health needs and offering between 6 to 12 sessions
- We act as advocates for children and young people and their families to ensure that they receive services to which they are entitled
- We promote a whole family approach to supporting CYP and their families
- Developing and maintaining strong working relationships with external agencies in order to best support the child/ young person
- Overseeing safeguarding and making safeguarding referrals as and when required
- Accredited diploma in Counselling, Play, Drama or Art Therapy (Minimum of level 4)
- Registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy, Play Therapy UK, Health Care Professions Council, or British Association of Art Therapists or similar
- Proven track record of working with children and young people
Supporting Futures Consulting acts as both an employer and an agency.
Location: Tower Hamlets - Bromley by Bow Station | Salary: 28265 - 37637 per year | Job type: Permanent | Posted: 02/11/2022