Supervised Contact Facilitator
Role: Supervised Contact Facilitator
Rate: £14.00 per hour
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: Temporary – Ongoing
Our client, a specialist family charity based in Stockton-on-tees, is looking for a Supervised Contact Facilitator to welcome and support families in the supervised contact facilities, out in the community and occasional within their home.
The Supervised Contact Facilitator will promote and maintain contact arrangements that are agreed between all parties.
You will have an open-minded, flexible and caring approach towards children, parents and other family members who are attending supervised contact and you will ensure that children are kept safe and that their emotional wellbeing is prioritised at all times.
Responsibilities and Job Duties:
- To support the delivery of safe and effective supervised contact sessions.
- To assess the quality of parenting observed during the supervised contact and use this evidence to complete detailed and timely reports as required by the court or principal social worker.
- To recognise any risks of harm and intervene appropriately to de-escalate the risks or bring in additional support as required to safeguard the children.
- To provide or facilitate transport to supervised contact sessions.
- Experience of working with families/children and young people in a professional setting offering advice and support, demonstrating an understanding of the needs of the family.
- Possess a clear understanding of child development, and expectations of “good enough” parenting.
- Good planning and excellent report writing and record keeping skills
- The ability, commitment, and willingness to work flexibly including evenings, weekends and early mornings (4 weekly shift patterns).
- Enhanced DBS check issues within the last 12 months and/or registered on the update service and full driving license with access to your own vehicle
Supporting Futures Consulting acts as both an employer and an agency.
Location: Stockton-On-Tees | Salary: | Job type: Contract | Posted: 28/11/2022