Tenancy Support Worker (Women's Support Service)
Role: Support Worker (Women’s Supported Housing Service)
Based: Greater Manchester
Salary: £22,183 - £24,491
Start Date: ASAP – Nov/ Dec 2022
Hours: 36 hours
Shift Rota: 1 weekend in 4, shifts are between the hours of 8am – 8pm (i.e. 8am – 4pm, 10am – 6pm and 12 – 8pm)
Supporting Futures are currently recruiting for 2 Tenancy Support Workers on behalf of a specialist Women’s Housing Provider.
We are looking for experienced Support Workers to support women in supported housing and to continue to support them through resettlement and into independent living. The roles are permanent and are based in Greater Manchester.
The service supports women with a range of needs including homelessness, domestic violence, exiting sex work, immigration, substance misuse, mental health, ex-offenders and housing and finance related issues.
Synopsis of duties:
- Key working clients and supporting clients with both their practical and emotional needs
- Responsible for carrying out initial assessments, risk assessments, devising support plans and liaising with appropriate agencies
- Supporting clients with housing applications and for supporting clients with all aspects of resettlement including accompanying on viewings and sign ups, signing up to utilities and accessing local facilities and applying for crisis fund and to local charities for furniture and amenities
- Supporting clients with income management and for understanding their tenancy rights and obligations
- Supporting clients to complete housing and welfare benefit applications and accompanying clients to various meetings and appointments
- Signposting clients to additional services and agencies including counselling, refuge, group programmes, housing, solicitors etc
- Working in partnership with other agencies and facilitating multi-agency meetings
- Supporting clients to access the community services and facilities
- Experience supporting vulnerable women in supported housing
- Strong safeguarding and risk assessments skills and experience
- Enhanced DBS issued within the last 12 months and/ or registered on the DBS Update Service
Supporting Futures Consulting acts as both an employer and an agency.
Location: Lancashire | Salary: 22183 - 24491 per year | Job type: Permanent | Posted: 23/11/2022