Domestic Abuse Support Worker - Child & Adult
Role: Domestic Abuse Support Worker - Child & Adult
Based: Various roles based in the East Midlands - including Leicestershire, Nottingham or Derbyshire
Rate: £10 - 15 per hour, depending on experience and position
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: Temporary & Permanent
Hours: Both Full Time and Part Time roles available
Our clients are specialist Domestic Violence Charities based in the Midlands are looking to recruit a number of Domestic Abuse Support Workers to support victims of Domestic Abuse in refuges, supported accommodation and/ or outreach services. The roles are due to increased funding and need for the service.
The services support victims of domestic violence and their children and works with them to provide safe accommodation and ensure they have access all options and services and understand their rights.
Synopsis of duties:
- Supporting victims of domestic violence and their children in refuges, supported accommodation and/ or outreach services
- Key working 6 - 10 clients and supporting clients with both their practical and emotional needs including safety, housing, benefits, financial, social inclusion, schooling, mental health, substance misuse, NRPF, immigration and sexual abuse
- Responsible for carrying out initial assessments, risk assessments (including CAADA DASH RIC assessments in cases of Domestic Violence), devising support plans and liaising with appropriate agencies
- Making MARAC and Child Protection Referrals
- Supporting clients to complete housing and welfare benefit applications and accompanying clients to various meetings and appointments
- Signposting clients to additional services and agencies including counselling, refuge, group programmes (including the Freedom Programme), housing, solicitors etc
- Facilitating multi-agency working including working closely with the Police, Social Services, GPs, Schools and specialist charities
- Supporting clients to access the community services and facilities
- Experience supporting victims of domestic violence/ experience of supporting vulnerable women in supported housing or community-based services
- Strong safeguarding and risk assessments skills and experience
- Enhanced DBS issued within the last 12 months and/ or registered on the DBS Update Service
Supporting Futures Consulting acts as both an employer and an agency.
Location: East Midlands (Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire or Leicestershire) | Salary: 22000 - 26500 per year | Job type: Permanent | Posted: 07/11/2022