Role: Refuge Worker
Salary: £15 per hour umbrella
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: Temporary for 3 months
Hours: 18.75 and 37.5
Supporting Futures are currently recruiting on behalf of a respected National Charity who specialise in providing support and advocacy services to victims of domestic violence and their children.
We are looking for Refuge Workers to support women and children fleeing domestic abuse in refuge and move on accommodation.
The services support victims of domestic violence and their children and works with them to ensure they are safeguarded, have access all options and services and understand their rights.
Synopsis of duties:
- Supporting victims of domestic violence and their children in refuges in London
- Key working 4 – 5 clients and supporting clients with both their practical and emotional needs including safety, housing, benefits, financial, social inclusion, schooling, mental health, substance misuse, NRPF, immigration and sexual abuse
- Carrying out inductions to the refuge, signing clients up to tenancy and monitoring health and safety of the refuge
- Responsible for carrying out initial assessments, risk assessments (including CAADA DASH RIC assessments in cases of Domestic Violence), devising support plans and liaising with appropriate agencies
- Making MARAC and Child Protection Referrals
- Supporting clients to complete housing and welfare benefit applications and accompanying clients to various meetings and appointments
- Signposting clients to additional services and agencies including counselling, outreach, group programmes (including the Freedom Programme), housing, solicitors etc
- Facilitating multi-agency working including working closely with the Police, Social Services, GPs, Schools and specialist charities
- Working in partnership with other agencies and to advocate for survivors to ensure their needs are met
- Supporting clients to access the community services and facilities
- Experience of supporting vulnerable clients and an understand of the impact of domestic abuse
- Experience of working with victims of domestic violence – direct/ indirect and paid or voluntary
- Experience working within a support, care or social care sector would be highly desirable
Supporting Futures Consulting acts as both an employer and an agency.
Location: Leamington | Salary: 15 per hour | Job type: Contract | Posted: 07/03/2023