Independent Domestic Violence Advocate
Role: Independent Domestic Violence Advocate
Based: Greater Manchester – hybrid working available
Rate: £16 – 17.50ph (dependant on experience)
Start Date: ASAP – March/ April 2023
Duration: 6 months initially with the role becoming permanent after this period (between £26,357 - £29,439)
Hours: Full Time
Our client, a specialist Domestic Abuse charity based in Greater Manchester , is looking for an experienced IDVA to join their ever growing domestic abuse advocacy service.
Our client is one of Greater Manchester’s leading providers of domestic abuse services and has developed a number of interesting and innovative services to best meet the needs of victims fleeing domestic abuse. You will be working within a professional and dedicated team and alongside a fantastic group of managers.
The services aim to support high risk victims of domestic violence and their children and works with them to ensure they have access all options and services and fully understand their rights.
Synopsis of duties:
- You will be responsible for carrying out all initial assessments and providing crisis interventions, triage support and advocacy and advice and guidance
- You will be acting as the first point of contact for many victims and will ensure they feel supported and have access to all available services and fully understand their options, rights and entitlements
- You will hold your own case load and will advocate on behalf of high-risk victims of domestic violence and supporting them through the Criminal Justice System
- Working to help raise their awareness, identification, and response to those experiencing domestic violence, on cases to support service users and improve partnership responses
- Key working clients including carrying out initial assessments, risk assessments (including CAADA DASH RIC assessments in cases of Domestic Violence), devising support plans and safety plans
- Advising clients on all legal options and ensuring that they understand their rights including applying for DIY injunctions, signposting to Solicitors, advising on criminal and civil options and arranging pretrial visits and special measures
- Making referrals to MARAC and attending, presenting, and advocating on client’s behalf at MARAC and various other multi-agency meetings
- Supporting clients to exit safely and sourcing safe accommodation and refuge spaces with the aim of securing safe, appropriate and sustainable tenancies and properties for all clients
- Experience supporting victims of domestic violence (in Domestic Abuse services, specialist Police units, supported housing etc) and a strong working knowledge of criminal and civil legal options relating to domestic violence.
- Strong safeguarding and risk assessments skills and experience
For more information, please call the team on 0204 566 5515 and ask to speak to Ria or email her your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org
Supporting Futures Consulting acts as both an employer and an agency.
Location: Trafford | Salary: 16.00 - 17.50 per hour | Job type: Contract | Posted: 15/03/2023