Refuge Worker (Male Domestic Abuse Services)
Role: Domestic Abuse Worker (Male Victims of Domestic Violence)
Based: Greater Manchester
Hourly Rate: £14 – 15 per hour (dependant on experience)
Start Date: ASAP – March/ April 2023
Duration: Temporary to Permanent
(6 months on a temporary contract and the organisation would then be looking to take the successful candidate permanent. The permanent salary will be between £25,419 - £27,514pa)
Hours: 37 hours
Supporting Futures are currently recruiting on behalf of an innovative Domestic Abuse Charity based in Greater Manchester who have recently opened a specialist refuge for male victims fleeing domestic abuse.
This is an inspiring new service and they are looking for an experienced male Support Worker to join them and to work with them to develop and grow the service. It is an exciting opportunity, and you will be supported every step of the way.
The service works with male victims to ensure they are safeguarded, have access all options and services and understand their rights. The ultimate aim of the service is to support the men into independent and sustainable housing and to ensure they live free from fear of abuse.
Synopsis of duties:
- Supporting victims of domestic violence in a safe house and supporting them to access safe sustainable move on housing
- Key working clients and supporting clients with both their practical and emotional needs including personal safety, legal and civil options, housing, child contact, health, and finance options
- Providing advice, information and advocacy and developing individual safety plans
- Responsible for carrying out initial assessments, risk and needs assessments, devising support plans and liaising with appropriate agencies
- Working with local agencies and partners including specialist charities, housing, social services, the Police, and health providers
- Promoting the service and advocating on the needs of the clients and male victims of domestic abuse in general
- Providing individual and group work support to men who are living in the refuge
- Providing housing advice and guidance including supporting to apply for housing, accompanying on viewings, supporting with sign ups, and assisting with welfare and housing benefits
- Supporting clients to access the community services and facilities
- Experience supporting vulnerable clients in a similar or linked setting – this can include supported housing, tenancy sustainment, outreach/ floating support services, social services/ care and children’s homes (specifically care leavers/ transition homes)
- Strong safeguarding and risk assessments skills
- Understanding of the dynamics of domestic violence
- Enhanced DBS issued within the last 12 months and/ or registered on the DBS Update Service
This post is open to male applicants only as being male is deemed to be a genuine occupational requirement under Schedule 9, Paragraph 1 of the Equality Act 2010.
For more information, please call the team on 0204 566 5515 and ask to speak to Ria or email your CV at email@example.com
Supporting Futures Consulting acts as both an employer and an agency.
Location: Trafford | Salary: 14 - 15 per hour | Job type: Contract | Posted: 13/03/2023