IRIS Advocate Educator
Role: IRIS Advocate Educator
Based: Black Country Areas – Sandwell, Walsall and Dudley
Start Date: ASAP
Hours: Full Time 37.5 hours
Our client, a specialist Domestic Violence charity based in the Black Country is looking to recruit an IRIS Advocate Educator for their specialist domestic violence and abuse (DVA) training, support and referral programme for general practices. The IRIS Advocate Educator provides in-house domestic abuse training and ongoing consultancy for general practice teams and is an advocate to whom patients can be referred for support.
Synopsis of duties:
- Deliver training, work in partnership with health and other agency professionals and provide emotional and practical support, risk assessment and safety planning to standard and medium risk clients
- Train and support around 25 general practices and hold a caseload of around 25 clients
- Develop and maintain an excellent relationship with all general practice staff, and other associated healthcare professionals, and work effectively as part of the practice team by:
Providing ongoing consultancy and training to practice staff on domestic violence and abuse
Attending relevant meetings, such as GP and safeguarding forums and multi-disciplinary team meetings.
Supporting and encouraging health professionals to ask patients about their experience of abuse and respond, record, safety check and refer for support
- Experience of needs and risk assessment and support of individuals experiencing domestic violence and abuse
- Experience of working with vulnerable adults and children, acknowledging safeguarding concerns and responding appropriately
- Experience of working with complex casework, including issues such as child abuse, mental health, substance abuse, working with trauma in adults and children and crisis intervention
- Experience of building and maintaining partnerships with other agencies.
- Experience of attending and responding to actions from multi-agency meetings, such as child protection conferences and MARAC
- Experience of working/liaising within a multiagency setting with a range of stakeholders and representing clients/organisation at external meetings
- Experience of arranging, delivering and reviewing training for professionals
Futures Consulting acts as both an employer and an agency.
Location: Black Country | Salary: 25590 per year | Job type: Permanent | Posted: 17/03/2023