Support Worker (Human Trafficking & Modern Slavery)
Role: Support Worker (Modern Slavery & Human Trafficking)
Rate: £12-15 per hour
Hours: 20 hours
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: Temp to Perm
Our client, a respected national charity who provide support, advocacy and safe housing to survivors of Human Trafficking and Modern Slavery, is looking to recruit a Support Worker to support female survivors living in safe accommodation within Peterborough.
This is a part time role working 20 hours per week (hours to be discussed), you will be required to cover on-call once a month.
Synopsis of duties:
- Working within a safe house and key working female survivors of human trafficking and modern slavery
- Managing a caseload and provide emotional, practical and advocacy support through the Criminal Justice System
- Processing referrals from the National Referral Mechanism (NRM) and inducting clients into the service
- Supporting clients with NRPF (No Recourse to Public Funds) to access support and identify alternative funding streams and services
- Working closely with the Home Office and Immigration services regarding asylum and residency applications and supporting clients to complete application and challenge decisions
- Supporting clients with all practical and emotional needs including move on housing, crisis funds/ benefits, sexual health support, finances and income management, community integration, training and voluntary opportunities, counselling, English lessons and to repatriate to their birth country (should they wish)
- Promote the service and ensure clients have access to all available services and working closely with a range of partners, agencies and services
- Experience of supporting vulnerable clients in supported housing including those experiencing homelessness, those who have experienced domestic abuse, trafficking and/ or modern slavery and those with mental health and substance misuse
- Proven track record of successfully carrying and managing a complex caseload
- A background in Supported Housing, Refugee/ Asylum Seekers Support or Domestic Violence Support would be highly desirable
For more information, please call the office and ask to speak to Lisa.
Supporting Futures Consulting acts as both an employer and an agency.
Location: Peterborough | Salary: 12 - 15 per hour | Job type: Contract | Posted: 20/03/2023