Community Domestic Abuse Worker
Role: Domestic Abuse Outreach Worker
Based: Hertfordshire (Hybrid Working – 3 days in the office/community and 2 days at home)
Rate: £16.50 phr UMB
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: Temp ongoing
Hours: 37 hours
Our client, a specialist Domestic Abuse Charity based in Hertfordshire, are looking to recruit a number of specialist Domestic Abuse Outreach Workers to join their new community-based service.
The service supports women and client who have experienced/ are experiencing domestic abuse in the community and where safe in their homes. You will be working with clients to ensure they understand their rights and options and supporting them to live safe, independent and violence free lives. You will be providing both practical and emotional support and will be have a huge impact of the lives of vulnerable women and children across Hertfordshire.
Synopsis of duties:
- Supporting women and children fleeing/ experiencing domestic violence in the community, in domestic abuse hubs, family centre and their homes
- Key working 25 clients with standard to medium risks and supporting clients with both their practical and emotional needs including safety, housing, benefits, financial, social inclusion, schooling, mental health, substance misuse, NRPF, immigration and sexual abuse
- Responsible for carrying out initial assessments, risk assessments (including CAADA DASH RIC assessments), devising support plans and liaising with appropriate agencies.
- Making MARAC and Child Protection Referrals where necessary
- Supporting clients to complete housing and welfare benefit applications and accompanying clients to various meetings and appointments
- Supporting clients with housing and resettlement needs including supporting to find and access housing and refuge spaces
- Signposting clients to additional services and agencies including counselling, refuge, group programmes (including the Freedom Programme), housing, solicitors etc
- Facilitating multi-agency working including working closely with the Police, Social Services, GPs, Schools and specialist charities
- Supporting clients to access the community services and facilities
- Experience supporting vulnerable clients in the community and an understanding of domestic abuse
- Strong safeguarding and risk assessments skills and experience
- Enhanced DBS issued within the last 12 months and/ or registered on the DBS Update Service
- Own a car and have a Driving License
For more information, please call the team on 0204 566 5515 and ask to speak to Ria or email us your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org
Supporting Futures Consulting acts as both an employer and an agency.
Location: Waltham Cross | Salary: 16.00 - 16.50 per hour | Job type: Contract | Posted: 18/12/2023