Specialist Independent Domestic Violence Advisor (IDVA)
Role: Specialist Independent Domestic Violence Advisor (IDVA)
Based: Sandwell and Walsall
Rate: Unqualified £24310.04 Qualified £26430.04
Start Date: ASAP
Hours: Full Time 37.5 hours
Our client, a specialist Domestic Violence charity based in the Black Country is looking to recruit an IDVA (Care and Support needs/ Disability). You will be expected to provide a high quality frontline support service to victims of domestic violence and abuse over the age of 16, with a focus on supporting those with a learning and physical disabilities.
Synopsis of duties:
- Provide targeted outreach and raise awareness of the impact of domestic abuse on clients with disabilities across Sandwell and Walsall via voluntary and statutory agencies, to increase the number of clients with disabilities accessing Community Domestic Abuse Support Service
- Manage a caseload whilst working within a multi-agency framework to advocate for clients, including responding and reporting to Multi-agency Risk Assessment Conferences (MARAC) on behalf of clients, working closely with adult social care, occupational therapist and other agencies
- Identify and assess the risks and needs of domestic abuse victims using an evidence-based risk identification checklist assessing their level of risk, informing clients of their options as well developing a tailored safety plan
- Support the wider Community Domestic Abuse Support Service, dealing with telephone calls, taking drop-in referrals and attending team meetings.
- Experience of working with vulnerable adults and children, acknowledging safeguarding concerns and responding appropriately
- Possess the knowledge and awareness of how to support this client group and the complexities of domestic abuse for those with a disability
- Experience of working with victims of domestic abuse in a professional capacity
- Experience of managing a caseload of vulnerable individuals
- Experience of managing complex casework, including issues such as child abuse, mental health, substance abuse, working with trauma in adults and children and crisis intervention
Futures Consulting acts as both an employer and an agency.
Location: Sandwell | Salary: 24310 - 26430 per year | Job type: Permanent | Posted: 04/01/2024