Benefits and Entitlement Advocate
Role: Benefits and Entitlement Advocate
Specialism: Clients with Disabilities who have experienced/ are experiencing domestic abuse
Base: East London
Hybrid Working: Yes – minimum of 1 day a week in the office
Rate: £18 – 20 per hour, depending on experience
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: Until the end of March 2024 with the possibility of a permanent opportunity at the end of the contract period
Hours: Full Time (although client is open to Job Share opportunities)
We are recruiting for 2 Benefit and Entitlement Advocates on behalf of a specialist London based Deaf and Disabled People’s Organisation (DDPO). Our client provide specialist support to disabled victims of domestic abuse, sexual violence, hate crime and other forms of abuse.
They provide specialist support to clients with physical and/ or learning disabilities, mental health needs and neurodivergent clients (including ADHD, Autism and Dyspraxia).
You will work alongside their Independent Domestic Violence Advocates to support clients across London.
Synopsis of duties:
- Assist clients to access a decent income and entitlements which will improve their quality of life and ensure clients are receiving their money and entitlement
- Provide budgeting support where needed and refer for debt advice
- Providing in depth advise and support around benefits and supporting claimants with benefits claims (particularly those on PIP and Universal Credit)
- Advising on other relevant entitlements and reductions including Council Tax and DVLA Reductions)
- Attending tribunals and advocating on clients behalf
- Working alongside their Independent Domestic Violence Advocates to support clients across London and to ensure they receive a comprehensive package of support
What the client looking for:
- They are looking for someone with a commitment to the human rights of disabled people and other excluded communities
- A strong knowledge of the benefits system and experience of supporting claimants, particular those on PIP and Universal Credit
- Wider knowledge of disability and other entitlements
- They particularly welcome applications from disabled applicants.
For more information, please call the team on 0204 566 5515 and ask to speak to Ria or Molly or email us your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org
Supporting Futures Consulting acts as both an employer and an agency.
Location: East London | Salary: 19 - 21 per hour | Job type: Contract | Posted: 13/09/2023