Outreach Support Worker (Anti-Trafficking)
Role: Outreach Support Worker (Anti-Trafficking)
Rate: £12.74 - £15.50 per hour*
Hours: Full Time – Monday to Friday
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: Temp to Perm
Our client, a respected charity who provide support, advocacy and safe housing to survivors of Human Trafficking and Modern-Day Slavery, is looking to recruit an Outreach Support Worker for their outreach service within the East Midlands.
Synopsis of duties:
- Working within the community and key working approximately 17-20* survivors of human trafficking and modern-day slavery
- Managing a caseload and providing emotional, practical and advocacy support through the Criminal Justice System
- Processing referrals from the National Referral Mechanism (NRM) and inducting clients into the service
- Supporting clients with NRPF (No Recourse to Public Funds) to access support and identify alternative funding streams and services
- Working closely with the Home Office and Immigration services regarding asylum and residency applications and supporting clients to complete application and challenge decisions
- Supporting clients with all practical and emotional needs including move on housing, crisis funds/ benefits, sexual health support, finances and income management, community integration, training and voluntary opportunities, counselling, English lessons and to repatriate to their birth country (should they wish)
- Promote the service and ensure clients have access to all available services and working closely with a range of partners, agencies and services
Requirements For The Position:
- Proven track record of supporting vulnerable children, young people and/ or adults either within an accommodation or community-based service is essential. Preferred experience of working with survivors of abuse, homelessness, mental health, complex needs, offenders and/ or refugees.
- Experience of completing risk and needs assessments, support plans, maybe even safety and exit plans, have experience of immigration, housing benefits or safeguarding
- Enhanced DBS and must have been either issued within the last twelve months or be registered on the update service
For more information, please call Lisa Yates.
Supporting Futures Consulting acts as both an employer and an agency.
Location: Leciestershire | Salary: 12.74 - 15.50 per hour | Job type: Contract | Posted: 20/09/2023