Young Person's Independent Domestic Violence Advocate
Role: Young Person’s Independent Domestic Violence Advocate
Based: Greater Manchester – Hybrid Working
Rate: £26,300 – 28,000pa
Start Date: ASAP – October/ November 2023
Hours: 37 hours OR 22.5 hours (recruiting for 2 roles – 1 Full Time YP IDVA and 1 Part Time YP IDVA)
Our client, a specialist Domestic Abuse charity based in Greater Manchester, are looking to extend their excellent Child and Young Person’s Domestic Abuse Service and are recruiting for 2 Young Person’s Independent Domestic Violence Advocates.
These exciting roles are working with a specialist and focused team who work with young person who have experienced/ witnessed abuse and/ or are experiencing domestic abuse.
They provide both intervention and prevention services and work in partnership with other voluntary organisations to support families across Greater Manchester.
Synopsis of duties:
- Providing a trauma informed support service to young person (aged between 13 – 16) in the local community and their homes and delivering specialist domestic abuse support
- Key working clients including carrying out risk assessments (including CAADA DASH RIC assessment) and needs assessments and agreeing support and safety plans
- Advocating on behalf of clients with a range of services, agencies and professionals
- Identifying and liaising with local agencies, professionals and forums (including MARAC and other multi-agency conferences and meetings focused on protecting young people experiencing service harm from interpersonal violence and abuse)
- Work in partnership with children, young people, families, staff, statutory, voluntary and community organisations to promote the welfare and wellbeing of all children and young people living in the Community.
- Understanding the impact of domestic abuse on children and young people and working to minimise the effects of the abuse
- 121 work and group support focusing on domestic abuse and supporting them work around healthy relationships
- Experience supporting victims of domestic violence (in Domestic Abuse services, specialist Police units, supported housing etc) and a strong working knowledge of criminal and civil legal options relating to domestic violence
- Strong safeguarding and risk assessments skills and experience
- Experience of working with and engaging young people and a knowledge of the impact of domestic abuse on children and young people would be highly desirable.
- Experience and understanding of working in a trauma informed support service would be highly desirable
For more information, please call the team on 0204 566 5515 and ask to speak to Ria or email us your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org
Supporting Futures Consulting acts as both an employer and an agency.
Location: Greater Manchester | Salary: 26300 - 28000 per year | Job type: Permanent | Posted: 19/09/2023