Substance Misuse Practitioner
Role: Substance Misuse Practitioner
Based: Essex (County Wide)
Salary: £26,855.58 per annum
Start Date: ASAP
Hours: 37 hours per week
Our client, a leading children’s charity, providing support vulnerable children and young people who are at risk of harm, exploitation and abuse, are looking for Substance Misuse Practitioner to join their team.
This role will include providing support to young people under the age of 25 who are at risk of substance misuse.
Synopsis of duties:
- Providing specialist support and advise to children and young people at risk of substance misuse, through 1-1 targeted intervention and group support
- Supporting young people up to the age of 25, conducting risk and needs assessments and developing recovery plans, to help identify their complex needs and to aid recovery
- Delivering targeted group work programmes, support with recovery, harm reduction and relapse presentation, in accordance with current legislation
- Working in a person-centred approach, ensuring that service users’ needs are met
- Working collaboratively with external agencies/professionals in order to meet the service users needs, putting the client at the centre of delivery
- Ensuring that young people and their families receive the appropriate services to support their needs around substance misuse
- Ensuring that safeguarding is of paramount importance, ensuring that all safeguarding measures are always followed
- Experience of working with children/young people with complex needs/ experienced trauma and working with families to provide support
- Experience delivering 1-1 or group sessions to young people and parents/carers/families
- Experience delivering training to professionals
- Must have an enhanced DBS dated within the last 12 months or on the update service
For more information, please call the team on 0204 566 5515 and ask to speak to Molly or email us your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org
Supporting Futures Consulting acts as both an employer and an agency.
Location: Essex | Salary: 26855.58 per year | Job type: Permanent | Posted: 04/12/2023